1. Why you chose the subject/logo/company?
I chose this company because i like skittles and i thought since skittles are colourful it’ll look nicer.
2. How did you animate your gif?
To animate my gif i went to PhotoShop, and made several layers and merged it, while slowly having the the skittles move, then click Save as Web and then animate and adjust the timing.
3. What were you trying to convey/ what was the message behind the animation?
The message is to represent the slogan ‘Taste the rainbow’ and the skittles on the animation are sliding off a rainbow an moving towards the audience.
4. Do you think it was successful?
Yes because it looks smooth and the two pictures go well together along with the happy-go-lucky background.
What is World Press Photo?
World Press Photo is a photography contest where people take pictures of events around the world and submit them to the gallery. The pictures represent a tragic event that occurred around the world.
What stood out to you?
The several different tragic events, it really allowed me to open my eyes and realize how much other people can be going through. It also helps me to realize whats going on where.
Which was your favourite series/ photo and why?
My favourite series was of a mother and daughter who had acid poured on their faces by the father/husband. He threw acid at them because the mother had asked for a divorce since her husband kept beating her and locking her up. My favourite picture was this one –>http://www.worldpressphoto.org/awards/2013/observed-portraits/ebrahim-noroozi/05. This is my favourite because it shows how hurt they are and it put a lot of focus on the two people. I also love this photo because of the reason, the child is kissing the mother because everyone else is too uncomfortable to, it shows how looks don’t matter if you really care about the other person.
Would you reccomend others to attend World Press Photo?
Yes, i would highly recommend attending the World Press Photo contests because it really captures your attention with the different images. It lets you explore the world and its complications in one room. It makes us more aware of whats going on in the world basing off our own opinions and a picture and caption.
What is creative commons?
It is a Non-profit organization that allows people to their creativity and knowledge with free legal tools. It has a free copyright license and gives the public permission to use and share your work that is posted.
Why is it important?
It gives everyone a chance to copyright and share their creative work, whether its large company or a regular individual.
List the 4 different types of licenses and describe each one.
- Attribution: You let others copy, distribute, display, and perform your copyrighted work – and derivative works based upon it – but only if they give you credit.
- Non-commercial: You let others copy, distribute, display, and perform your work – and derivative works based upon it – but for noncommercial purposes only.
- No Derivative Works: You let others copy, distribute, display, and perform only verbatim copies of your work, not derivative works based upon it.
- Share Alike: You allow others to distribute derivative works only under a license identical to the license that governs your work.
I chose Birds as my theme because i thought that nature would be very colourful therefore a good theme for this assignment. Birds have unqiue colours depending on what bird you choose.